February 1st, 2007
With the advent of programs such as Steam Greenlight, Kickstarter, etc. there are a lot of new independent games coming out these days. A lot of these games are catered specifically to fans of “retro” games, played by many when they were children. A lot of the time these games also offer a similar visual style, whether it be straight up pixel art, or a new take on the classic Side, Top-down, and 2.5D views using updated graphics and 3D models in some cases.
Do you, dear readers, wish to see such games reviewed in Old Skool Games? Let us know what you think.
Some examples of such games:
- Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender (classic horizontal shooter inspired)
- DLC Quest
- Eterium (1990’s Space Combat Sim inspired)
- Project Root (Top-Down Action Shooter inspired)
- Recettear: An Item Shops Tale (Isometric RPG inspired)
- Fortune Summoners (RPG Inspired)
- To The Moon (16-bit RPG inspired)